Mother Earth (a.k.a Corinthians Store) Knows Best
I’ve always been a sucker for PX goods. Ever since I could go out on my own, I remember spending a few minutes at the imported goods section of Victoria’s Supermart, ogling the six packs of Hershey’s choco (Oh the simple desires of childhood. I’ve since moved on from Hershey’s cookies and mint to Cadbury Turkish delight to Lindt truffles – although, this one, you can get mostly from airport shops – an elusiveness which makes me want it more ^^,) and the jars of cherries (where my strange habit of snacking on ingredients, as my brother refers to it, was probably born). If I wasn’t at Victoria’s, I was at Benguet Supermart and yes, I’m a statue in front of the PX rack again.
As I grew older and cable made it possible to look further into the life that the US/other countries had (We just had a single channel on TV before – FEN-P…a great channel, the best channel, the only channel we ever needed. I miss you, Sesame Street at 3 p.m., Newton’s Apple, Cosby Show, Thundercats and a cartoon marathon on Saturdays), I remember feeling exactly the way Miranda did standing in front of a Krispy Kreme store dreaming of taking a bite or two out of the glazed donuts going their merry conveyor belt-like way (Sex and the City, season 5 episode 4). Only for me, I haven’t the foggiest notion what Krispy Kreme tasted like then. (Starbucks changed all that, didn’t it? =D After it opened its stores in the country, everyone else followed suit.)
My world continued to grow and I started spending hours at the CJH commissary. Let’s face it though, there’s more to imported goods besides chocolates…and giant bottles of shampoo. *heeharhar. There’s more of these (also, from other countries) to be found at a place called Corinthians Store (more popularly known as Mother Earth. Yup, they sell Mother Earth products here, and this store’s even more accessible).
Chocolates, trail mix, canned goods (Delimondo corned beef- the best corned beef ever!), bottles of sparkling beverages I’ve never heard about before, meats and seafood (like lamb chops. Whoa, lamb chops! Chilean seabass, veal bratwurst, etc.), bottled pasta sauces, pasta (capelinni, rigatoni, ravioli), baking ingredients (ready-made pie crusts, sprinkles, syrups, candy beads), cheeses (appenzeller, gruyere, raclette, provolone, blocks of emmental). Haven’t seen extraordinarily oozing cheese yet, but I’m sure we’re getting there), kitchen essentials (scary sharp kitchen knives, serving accessories, pro chef accoutrements), they’re all here!
I could live here. (God knows I’m trying my best to make that happen, stopping over every free moment I get. ^^,) Our resident chef, Karla, could live here. Beth already lives here (in a manner of speaking). =))
So if you’re looking for that special ingredient that will make what you’re cooking a masterpiece (Chef Vicky mentioned the caper berries used in our favorite course is available here – at times), if you want some wine bottle holders that will make your collection look as if they’re defying gravity, or if you want to try new things/new products just like I do…eating ingredients on their own, not necessary (without taking a trip out of the country or even the city), visit Mother Earth/Corinthians.
Mother Earth Deli Basket
(a.k.a Corinthians Store)
2nd floor Midland Courier Building
Baguio City, Philippines
Tags: #1, additional information baguio dining, additional information baguio food, adventure, affordable, ambiance, appenzeller, arce dairy baguio, Arce Dairy Baguio ice cream, arce dairy ice cream, arce dairy ice cream baguio, Arizona drinks Baguio, backstreet, baguette, Baguio, Baguio appenzeller, Baguio Benguet supermart, baguio best restaurants, Baguio black waffle cone, Baguio blog, Baguio Camp John Hay, Baguio capelinni, Baguio City, Baguio City eatsploration, Baguio City Philippines, Baguio Commissary, Baguio Corinthians store, baguio eat, baguio eats, Baguio eatsploration, Baguio eatsplorer, Baguio eatsplorers, Baguio emmental, baguio food, baguio food adventure, baguio food adventures, baguio food blog, Baguio food blogger, Baguio food establishments, baguio food guide, baguio food map, baguio food photo blog, baguio food quest, Baguio food review, Baguio food reviews, baguio food trip, Baguio foodie, Baguio foodie blogger, Baguio foodies, baguio foods, Baguio gruyere, baguio guide, baguio guide what to eat, Baguio Kisad Road, Baguio Mother Earth, Baguio Philippines, Baguio provolone, Baguio raclette, Baguio ravioli, baguio restaurant blog, baguio restaurant blogs, Baguio restaurant connoisseur, Baguio restaurant food, baguio restaurant guide, baguio restaurant map, Baguio restaurant review, Baguio restaurant reviews, Baguio restaurants review, Baguio restaurants reviews, baguio restaurants to eat, Baguio rigatoni, Baguio simple desires of childhood, Baguio snacktime, Baguio specialty food store, Baguio Turkish delight, Baguio waffle cone, Baguio where to eat, Baguio wine bottle holder, bake, baking ingredients baguio, beef pastrami, Benguet Supermart, best, best kept secret, best restaurants in baguio, Beth, better, binge, bitters, blog, blogger, blogs, blogs about baguio food, blood orange, breadsticks, breakfast, budget, budget friendly, Bundaberg drinks Baguio, business, businesses, Cadbury, Cadbury chocolates, camembert, canadian ham, caper berries Baguio, caramel, cartoon marathon Saturday, center, chardonnay white country soda Baguio, cheddar, cheese baguio, chest, chests, Chilean seabass baguio, chocolat stella Baguio, chocolat stella chocolate Baguio, city, city center, City of Pines, CJH commissary Baguio, comfort, comfort food, compare, comparison, comprehensive baguio food blog, comprehensive details about Baguio food, comprehensive information about Baguio food, connoisseur, cook, cookies and mint, Corinthians store, cosby show, cost, costs, craving, cravings, customer, customers, delectable, deli basket Baguio, delicious, delight, delights, Delimondo corned beef Baguio, died and gone to heaven at Mother Earth, different types of pasta baguio, dining around baguio, dining out, dinner, discover, discovering, discovery, dish, dishes, dried berries Baguio, dried fruit Baguio, drinks baguio, dutch edam, Duty Free, eat, eat baguio food, eat out baguio, eateries, eatery, eating out Baguio, eating out in baguio, eats, eats baguio food, eats baguio foods, eats in Baguio, eats in Baguio City, eats-ploration baguio, eats-plore, eats-plore baguio, eatsploration, eatsplore, eatsplore baguio, eatsplorer, eatsplorers, eatsploring Baguio, elusive, establishment, establishments, explore, explore Baguio city, explorer, explorers, extra info on baguio food, extra information baguio food, fancy, fancy cheese, fancy cheese baguio, fancy cheeses, fantastic, far east network, far east network Baguio, favorite corned beef Baguio, FEN, FEN-P, Filomena’s Baguio, find, find good Baguio food, find good food in Baguio, flavored drinks Baguio, flavorful, food, food adventure, food adventures, food and drink, food establishment, food establishments, food quest, food trip, food trip in baguio, food trip with Xine, food trips, foodie, foodie trip, foodie trip Baguio, foodies, foods, frankfurter, funds, gastronomic, giant bottles of shampoo, goat cheese, good, good Baguio food, good eats, good eats Baguio, good food, good foods, gorgonzola, great, great time, green tea ice cream, gruyere, guava, guide, guide to restaurants in Baguio City, hard to get products, Hershey choco, Hershey cookies and mint, Hershey’s, hidden, himalayan pink salt, hotel, hunt, imported goods, imported goods in Baguio, info baguio eats, info baguio food, info baguio restaurants, information about baguio restaurants, information about dining in baguio, information baguio food, jar of cherries, jar of cherries baguio, Karla, kitchen essentials baguio, Krispy Kreme, Krispy Kreme hot light, Krispy Kreme original glazed donuts, lamb chops baguio, lemon lime, life, life in excess, Lindt, Lindt chocolate, Lindt chocolate truffles, list, location, location in baguio map, location of baguio restaurant, lunch, maestrani chocolate baguio, Mama’s Table baguio, mark, marks, meats Baguio, memories, memory, menu, midland courier building baguio, mocha, mother earth, mother earth baguio, Mother Earth Deli Basket Baguio, mother earth store baguio city phone number, mozzarella, mozzarella cheese baguio, newton’s apple, no.1, no1, nostalgia, nuts Baguio, oozing cheese, open for business, origins, outskirts, P3, P3 food trip, pampering, passion, passion for food, peach, Philippines, photoblog Baguio, photos, pickled onions baguio, pines, pink salt, pinot noir wine country soda Baguio, pita bread, pita pockets small pita bread, place, places, places to eat, price, PX goods, px goods baguio, quest, quests, Race, rare cheese, rare cheeses baguio, rating, ratings, restaurant, restaurants, rose wine country soda Baguio, scrumptious, search, searching, secret, service, Sesame street, Sex and the City, simple, simple desires of childhood, snack, snacking on ingredients, snacks, snacktime, Specialty food store, specialty meats baguio, spot, staple, Starbucks, Starbucks frappuccino, Starbucks frappuccino baguio, strang habit, Swiss Army chocolate baguio, taste, tasty, the spot, thundercats, time, tips, tips dining out Baguio, trail mix, trail mix baguio, treasure, treasure chest, treasure chests, treasures, treats, tried, tried all Baguio restaurants, Try, try eating at Baguio restaurants, turkey, Turkish delight, vanilla, veal bratwurst baguio, Victoria’s supermart, Victoria’s Supermart baguio, Vignette drinks baguio, Vignette wine country soda Baguio, where to eat, where to eat in Baguio, where to eat in Baguio City, white tea, x, x marks baguio food in baguio map, x marks baguio restaurants in baguio map, X marks the spot, Xine, xmarks, xmarks baguio, xmarks baguio food, xmarks baguio restaurants
32 responses to “Mother Earth (a.k.a Corinthians Store) Knows Best”
Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- We All Scream for ‘Strawberries and Ice Cream’! | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - April 15, 2013
- A Moment of Peace at Cafe de Angelo | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - June 4, 2013
- Baguio Greatest Hits for Good Food | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 17, 2013
- ♣♣ Table of Contents ♣♣ | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 18, 2013
- Intermission to Taste ‘New’ Yum-Yums from the Cuttie Cuppies Shoppe | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - September 3, 2013
- Cuttie Cuppies and the Wondrous Delights from Beyond B.C., PI | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 21, 2013
- Baked Treats for the Holidays | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - November 27, 2013
- Holidaying at A Hotel in the City of Pines | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - December 13, 2013
- The Cafe Royale Treatment | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - March 17, 2014
- La Trinidad Food Quest: Calle Dulce and Inglay Restaurant | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - May 13, 2014
- Pine Country Steaks and Waffles and That Good Ole Baguio Feel | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - February 6, 2015
- Intermission: Binge Watching Food Movies | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - March 13, 2015
- Baguio Dining A La Carte – Keeping Up with the Food Quest 2 | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - September 8, 2015
- Krispy Kreme in Baguio: Let’s #SharetheJoy of Mouthwatering Doughnuts | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - December 19, 2015
- Masa MexItalian: I “Knead” You | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - May 5, 2016
- Big Fat Greek Feast at Lemon and Olives Taverna | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - June 9, 2016
- Notable Edibles #15 | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 12, 2016
- Bay Leaf Restaurant (Cris ‘d Cuisine): Flourishing Amid the Times | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - August 8, 2016
- Notable Edibles #17 – Matcha Spread by Junia Collective | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - December 14, 2016
- Baked Treats: Turning Regular Days into Holidays | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 3, 2018
- Baguio Eatsploring Update – A Fully Loaded Post | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - September 4, 2018
- Notable Edibles #21 – Luxe Nama Chocolate | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - November 18, 2018
- Lamisaan Dining & Bar at Holiday Inn: A Table of Plenty to Share with Foodie Lovies | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 16, 2019
- Quarantine Surprises … into the New Year | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - February 9, 2021
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- FGBF Signing Out (“,)
- Feeling Eatcited at Mangiamo Ristorante & Pizzeria
- Genki Sushi: All Aboarrrd!
- Kor-Phil Culinary Academy: A Quarantine ‘Break’
- Quarantine Surprises from The Year that Was
- Quarantine Surprises … Seeing Light at the End of A Tunnel
- Ausphin International Institute Quarantine Surprises
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (106)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (95)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (76)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (83)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (17)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (32)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (17)
- New in Town (161)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (25)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (51)
- Uncategorized (29)
- Updates & Supplements (104)
- ~*Intermission*~ (48)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)
Di ka nanunood ng parade Xine?
Hello there. Me avoiding the crowd *hihi Have a nice day! (“,) If you’re watching the parade (on Session, Harrison or in the comfort of your own home on TV), enjoy!
Ty! Nasa bahay rin ako, hehe
*hihi Happy watching! (“,)
Kasarap ng mga chocolates! Pahingi ng lindt Xine!
Hello! Super sarap! Wala na pong Lindt…ibang choco nalang muna. *hihi A blessed Sunday to you! (“,)
Do u have baking ingredients like meringue powder? Thanks
Hello there. Apologies, but I’m not the owner/manager of Mother Earth Deli. *hihi You might want to drop by the store to see what they have. You can also try: https://www.facebook.com/doughitall , they might have what you’re looking for. I hope this helps. Have a nice day! (“,)