The Chemistry Between Us … and an Elements Buffet UPDATE
We have come to get de-stressed with desserts. \m/
Said we will return when Chemistry Bar at Newtown Plaza Hotel opens and so we have … for their edibles … as well as the laid back atmosphere that the hotel offers. Such was the feeling at the bar too, although we didn’t take a table inside. I’ve since been eyeing the seats looking out to the pool and finally sitting there for this meal, we only heard the distant dance beats being played at Chemistry. =D
Ordering dinner, we ran into a bit of a hiccup where none of the frothy, whip cream topped, blended drinks were available and so we settled for a cup of cafe Amerikano and a glass of iced tea.
Our anticipation of the (meander designed) cakes were forgotten with the palatable pork tonkatsu short order that was delish to the strands of cabbage and squirts of mayo and mustard on the side. No rice was served with it, (pulutan, we assume), and so we got pizza Margarita and blooming onions, too.
Reverting to the drinks for a small commentary, I shouldn’t forget to mention that as simple and common choices as these were, they were pretty good. The coffee was almost like the coffee at Cosy’s, Race says … almost. =b The iced tea felt like it was more than a powder mix; it seemed to have bits of lemon/pineapple in it.
The pizza was a delicate thing that I think someone, anyone can eat whole and want more of. I thought about rolling it up, holding it like a cigar to take bites off it. The cheesy-tomato-ey taste really seeped into the thin dough. It was gone in a flash.
I was curious to see how blooming onions bloomed and for this visit, it turned out to be a late bloomer. =)) Only when we were finished with the breaded pork was it delivered to our table. Interesting, it was one huge onion cut up to look like a flower with its petals. We sliced away a few “petals” and dipped it into the sauce, hhhmm, tastes like onion rings. *snickers Getting to the un-fried bottom, and with everything else consumed, a spicy flavor bloomed in our mouths, too. We found out then, we were no ogres. *harhar
As an attempt to cure our onion breaths, which we thought wasn’t so bad, we remembered the cakes. Asking our attendant about what’s available, he mentioned three kinds of desserts but only mango soy (or was it soy mango) caught my attention. Just like the maja dessert we had at the Elements breakfast buffet, this was one firm treat, NOT sickeningly sweet but just right. #happiness
X marks Chemistry Bar for good food in Baguio. There’s chemistry between me and this bar. (Like the Piano Bar at The Manor, I’m beginning to like hotel bars: No call to be rowdy and no rupture our eardrums sounds. *happy sighs I AM old! *tee hee)
Ambiance: Yes, a five for the nightime scene. It’s all becuase of the noncrowded-ness. =b
Additional Bites of Info
1.) Elements Buffet by Night
What’s there to love?
- A wide selection of delectable dishes (Continental, Chinese, Japanese and Mediterranean on our visit.)
- Yummy potato salad, maki, kebab, fish fillet, black chicken soup, and … and …
- More rich desserts.
- The first time I ate coffee jelly that wasn’t coffee flavored jello cubes in milky/creamy sauce. It was just jello but with super coffee flavors … jiggly-jiggly too. (Check out the collage below, it’s the stripety one at the bottom middle.)
- Surprising selections. One we thought was going to be hard and stale but it was a soft donut hole with a bavarian filling. And almond mango: Almond jelly but in mango syrup with mango jelly cubes.
- Buchi with puff rice consistency outer shell with a custard/sweet red egg yolk-like surprise.
- The carvings/meat slices/ribs section.
- We shared the dining area with only a couple of foodie groups.
- Another fun time with P3+1 for the memory book. ^^, Elements Buffet is a fantastic setting.
What’s not to love?
This is more on my part than it is for the restaurant’s.
- I’m really not keen on dinner buffets (this being just my second since we started the Baguio food quest, not counting Mongolian buffets). I stayed awake past my bedtime just to ensure I’ve digested every bit of what I ate and even then, I didn’t get to sample everything that was offered since I got major stuffed really fast. *hihi
2.) Newtown Plaza Hotel
… is OPEN!
So this was what was going on behind the boarded up spot. Beautiful; the hotel lobby is a wide open space with high ceilings, glass everywhere around; hotels keep looking classier and classier. =)
Elements as well as Chemistry makes it to my favorites list. A big plus is the vacay feel that it lent … it wasn’t just the way the sun shone because even at night, we felt relaxed and unhurried for the few hours we were at Newtown Plaza Hotel. (“,)
Elements Buffet Restaurant
Newtown Plaza Hotel
42 Claro Recto Street
St. Joseph Village, Navy Base
(Landmark: Botanical Garden gate. Right across it is Ibay’s Silver Shop, enter that street)
Baguio City, Philippines
0917 655 9005
Tags: #1, Accommodation dining, accommodation dining baguio, additional information, additional information baguio food, adventure, almond mango, ambiance, Baguio, baguio best restaurants, Baguio Botanical Garden, Baguio Chemistry at Newtown Plaza Hotel, Baguio Chemistry at Newtown Square Hotel, Baguio Chemistry Bar, Baguio Chemistry Bar at Newtown Plaza Hotel menu, Baguio Chemistry Bar at Newtown Plaza Square Hotel, Baguio Chemistry Bar menu, Baguio Chemistry Elements Newtown Plaza Hotel menu, Baguio Chemistry restaurant menu, Baguio City, Baguio City eatscapade, Baguio City eatsploration, Baguio City Philippines, Baguio dine, Baguio dining escapade, baguio eat, baguio eats, Baguio eatscapade, Baguio eatsploration, Baguio eatsplorer, Baguio eatsplorers, Baguio Elements at Newtown Plaza, Baguio Elements at Newtown Square Hotel buffet prices, Baguio Elements at Newtown Square Plaza Hotel, Baguio Elements buffet breakfast, Baguio Elements buffet prices, Baguio Elements buffet restaurant, Baguio Elements restaurant, Baguio Elements restaurant at Newtown Plaza Hotel, Baguio Elements resto at New Town Plaza Hotel, baguio favorite spot, baguio fine dining, baguio food, baguio food adventure, baguio food adventures, baguio food blog, Baguio food blogger, Baguio food escapade, Baguio food establishments, baguio food guide, baguio food map, baguio food photo blog, baguio food quest, Baguio food review, Baguio food reviews, baguio food trip, Baguio foodie, Baguio foodie blogger, Baguio foodies, baguio foods, baguio guide, baguio guide what to eat, Baguio hotel dining, Baguio New Town Plaza, Baguio New Town Plaza Hotel, Baguio Newtown Square Plaza Hotel Elements buffets, Baguio Philippines, baguio restaurant blog, baguio restaurant blogs, Baguio restaurant connoisseur, Baguio restaurant food, baguio restaurant guide, baguio restaurant map, Baguio restaurant review, Baguio restaurant reviews, Baguio restaurants review, Baguio restaurants reviews, baguio restaurants to eat, baguio vacay, Baguio where to eat, bake, Bavarian filling, best, best kept secret, best restaurants in baguio, Beth, better, big wide windows, big wide windows baguio, binge, bites of information, bits of lemon pineapple in iced tea, blended drinks, blog, blogger, blogs, blogs about baguio food, blooming onions, blooming onions appetizer, boarded up, bread, breakfast, buchi, business, businesses, café amerikano, carving, carving section, carving section dinner buffet, ceiling, center, Chemistry bar Baguio, chest, chests, city, City of Pines, Claro Recto Street Baguio, classier hotels today, classy hotels Baguio, coffee jello, coffee jelly, coffee jelly dessert, comfort, comfort food, comfort food zone, comfort in the familiar, comfort in the familiar Baguio, commentary, compare, comparison, comprehensive baguio food blog, comprehensive details about Baguio food, comprehensive information about Baguio food, connoisseur, cook, cost, costs, cozy dining, cozy dining baguio, cozy place, Cozy place in baguio, cozy place to eat in baguio, cozy restaurant baguio, craving, cravings, custard center, customer, customers, delectable, delectable dishes, delicate pizza, delicious, delight, delights, desserts, Destressed with desserts, dine Baguio, dining around baguio, dining at accommodations, dining out, dinner, dinner buffet, discover, discovering, discovery, dish, dishes, distant dance beats, donut hole, dress to the nines, eat, eat and dine Baguio, eat at the baguio hotel, eat at the hotel, eat baguio food, eat out baguio, eat-in-baguio, eateries, eatery, eating out Baguio, eating out in baguio, eats, eats baguio food, eats baguio foods, eats in Baguio, eats in Baguio City, eats-ploration baguio, eats-plore, eats-plore baguio, eatscapade, eatsploration, eatsplore, eatsplore baguio, eatsplorer, eatsplorers, eatsploring Baguio, Elements at Newtown Plaza Hotel Baguio, Elements buffet Baguio, Elements dining area Baguio, Elements dinner buffets Baguio, Elements New Town Square Baguio, Elements Newtown Plaza Hotel weekday dinner buffet Baguio, Elements restaurant Baguio, establishment, establishments, explore, explore Baguio city, explorer, explorers, fajita, fancy, Fancy dining, fancy dining baguio, fancy feasts, fancy food, fancy restaurant, fancy restaurant baguio, fancy-ish dining, fancy-ish dining baguio, fancy-isy dining baguio, fantastic, fave, favorite, favorite dishes, favorite orders, favorite place to eat baguio, favorite restaurant, favorites, feel relaxed, find, find good Baguio food, find good food in Baguio, fine dining, fine dining baguio, fine dining presentation, fine dining restaurant Baguio, fine dining resto Baguio, firm dessert, fish fillet, flavorful, flavors seeped into the dough, food, food adventure, food adventures, food and drink, food escapade, food establishment, food establishments, food quest, food trip, food trip in baguio, food trip with Xine, food trips, foodie, foodie trip, foodie trip Baguio, foodies, foods, fruit salad, funds, gastronomic, get de stressed with desserts, good, good ambiance, good Baguio food, good coffee, good eats, good eats Baguio, good food, good foods, great, great time, Greek meander design, greek pattern, greek pattern decorated cake, guide, guide to restaurants in Baguio City, high ceiling, hotel, Hotel dining, hotel lobby, hotel pool, hotels getting classier, hunt, Ibay's Silver shop Botanical Garden Baguio, info bites, info bites Baguio restaurants, info bites to dish out, instant fave, just right, Karla, kebaba, laid back atmosphere, late bloomer onion, leisurely atmosphere, Leonard Wood Road, Leonard Wood Road Baguio, life, like sweet red egg yolk, list, little hiccup, lobby, location, location in baguio map, location of baguio restaurant, lounging comfortably, lunch, maki, mango soy cake, Margarita pizza, mark, marks, mayonnaise, meander Greek key pattern, memories, memory, memory book, menu, more than a powder mix, mustard, Navy Base Baguio, new favorites, new in town, new in town baguio, new town plaze hotel Baguio, New Town Square Baguio building, newly opened, newly opened cafe Baguio, newly opened establishment, newly opened establishment baguio, newly opened food establishment baguio, newly opened restaurants, newly opened where to eat in baguio, newtown square Baguio Philippines, Newtown Square Baguio restaurants, Newtown Square building Baguio, Newtown Square Hotel Baguio opens December 2014, no call to be rowdy, no.1, no1, not rowdy, not shrek, not sickeningly sweet, ogres we are not, onion breath, onion breath isnt so bad, onion cut up like a flower with petals, onion rings, P3, P3 food trip, pampering, passion, passion for food, past bedtime, peaceful ambiance, Philippines, photoblog Baguio, photos, pines, pizza dough, pizza margarita, place, places, places to eat, poolside, poolside lounge, poolside scene, pork tonkatsu, potato salad, price, puff rice consistency, quest, quests, quiet, quiet time, Race, rating, ratings, relaxed, relaxing atmosphere, restaurant, restaurants, restful ambiance, rich dessert, roll pizza, rupture eardrums, rupture our eardrums sounds, scrumptious, search, searching, seats looking out at the pool, service, short order, Shrek and onions, Shrek eating onions, Shrek the ogre, simple, snack, snacks, soy mango cake, spicy flavor bloomed in our mouths, spicy onion, spot, St. Joseph Village Baguio, staple, strands of cabbage, stuffed, summer vacay Baguio, supplement, supplement baguio food, taste, tasty, the spot, time, tips, tips dining out Baguio, treasure, treasure chest, treasure chests, treasures, treats, tried, tried all Baguio restaurants, Try, try eating at Baguio restaurants, uncrowded, unhurried, update, update baguio, update baguio food blog, update baguio restaurant blog, vacation, vacation holidays, vacay, way past bedtime, we were no ogres, where to eat, where to eat in Baguio, where to eat in Baguio City, whip cream topped drinks, whole, wide floor space, wide selection, wide spaces, wide window, wide windows, wide windows baguio, wider floor space, worth it, x, x marks baguio food in baguio map, x marks baguio restaurants in baguio map, X marks the spot, Xine, Xine favorite, xine favorites, xine's favorite, xine's favorites, xmarks, xmarks baguio, xmarks baguio food, xmarks baguio restaurants
20 responses to “The Chemistry Between Us … and an Elements Buffet UPDATE”
Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- Tribute to Mandarin Restaurant, My Home of Great Chinese Cuisine *sniffles | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - December 21, 2014
- ♣♣ Table of Contents ♣♣ | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - February 1, 2015
- Elements: A New Constituent to Breakfast in Baguio | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - February 4, 2015
- Baguio Valentines Specials 2015 | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - February 13, 2015
- UPDATE: Teacup and Cake for A Happy Sweet Tooth! | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - March 25, 2015
- Baguio Dining A La Carte – Menus from New Restos You Might Like to Try for Mother’s Day | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - May 5, 2015
- UPDATE: Cafe de Angelo 2, The Coffee Bar – Now Open to Serve You | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - August 15, 2015
- How Much Does It Cost to Go on An Eating Binge… | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - December 9, 2015
- Dining A La Carte in Food Trip City, Baguio City | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - January 22, 2016
- Baguio Buffet Experience: Redefined at Heritage Mansion Buffet Restaurant | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - February 1, 2016
- Here and There in the City of PINEs: Sierra Pines Hotel and Pinewoods Golf & Country Club | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - March 18, 2016
- BabaChon: The Home of Davao Style Lechon in Baguio | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 6, 2016
- Hot Bowls of Food at Spoon and Stone Restaurant/Cafe | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - August 15, 2016
- Baguio Food Tour Thru Menus part 3 | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - November 24, 2016
- Ze Creamery: O-hoh-hoh-hoh-hoh | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - December 11, 2016
- Full On Taste and Sights at BZA HomeArts Cafe | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - December 18, 2016
- Destination Chow: Mabini Street (Ling Nam Chinese Resto and Yoghurt.com Cafe) | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - May 31, 2017
- A1 Dining Experience at Aura One Hotel | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 9, 2018
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- FGBF Signing Out (“,)
- Feeling Eatcited at Mangiamo Ristorante & Pizzeria
- Genki Sushi: All Aboarrrd!
- Kor-Phil Culinary Academy: A Quarantine ‘Break’
- Quarantine Surprises from The Year that Was
- Quarantine Surprises … Seeing Light at the End of A Tunnel
- Ausphin International Institute Quarantine Surprises
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (106)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (95)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (76)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (83)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (17)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (32)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (17)
- New in Town (161)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (25)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (51)
- Uncategorized (29)
- Updates & Supplements (104)
- ~*Intermission*~ (48)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)
Find good Baguio foods is an absolute gem. Im sure the restaurants you discover and feature here get their first exposure from this blog, kudos. Thank you for the updates on where we can eat in Baguio.
Aw, what a nice thing to say! Many thanks to you, too. I really appreciate the support, fellow eatsplorer! (“,) This made my day. Happy food questing!