Hill Station: Take Refuge in Good Food
Baguio City, for its cool climate, is a refuge for many in the hotter months of the year. This is the very essence of what a hill station is and now, with Casa Vallejo being reopened (I used to fantasize seeing what it looks like inside this place as a child =D), Baguio residents as well as visitors to the city have a place to take refuge in that serves good food.
Regardless if it’s hot out or if it’s chilly (like it is today, with tropical depression, Quinta moving across the Philippines *shyeew Stay safe and warm, foodie friends!), you can take comfort and delight in the scrumptious eats offered at the Hill Station (Casa Vallejo’s in house restaurant).
Serving anywhere from tapas, house favorites and desserts and also, special breakfasts, any time is a good time to fill your tummy up with Hill Station food. The hotel/restaurant is located in a prime spot of the city which makes it so accessible to people looking for a mealtime treat. (Good thing, because I’m always craving for their New York cheesecake =b …or any of their desserts for that matter *hihi)
If you’re not in the mood for cake, here are your other options: the choco-lemon tart and a scoop of homemade ice cream (for when you’re taking refuge from the heat, too at Hill Station). At this particular visit, I was gunning for their avocado ice cream with chilies (I think that was it *senior moment =))) but I guess they phased that out now. Their other flavors are vanilla cinnamon, dark chocolate with cayenne (interesting), and mango rum (even more innnnnteresting *hihi).
Walking into Hill Station, the dining area view never ceases to amaze me. (Eeeiii, big wide windows! \m/)
X marks Hill Station for good food in Baguio. If refuge is what you’re looking for, the place to be is at Hill Station. It’s a beautiful place with wonderful people who serve delicious food.
For the holiday season, Hill Station also has holiday treats to offer like these cans of cookies. Perfect for gifts (like when you go a-visiting to ninong or ninang’s house =b). Or it can be just some of the goodies you can munch on at home.
You might want to join the Hill Station Countdown to New Year and their New Year’s Eve Buffet, too. (“,) For details, click here.
Ambiance: (Oh, wide windows. =D)
Upper Session Road
Baguio City, Philippines
***This post is dedicated to Ronelyn! (belated *hihi)
Tags: #1, accessible restaurant, Accommodation dining, accommodation dining baguio, adventure, affordable, amazing dining view Baguio, ambiance, attentive food server, attentive staff baguio, away from home, backstreet, Baguio, baguio best restaurants, baguio blueberry cheesecake, Baguio City, Baguio City eatsploration, Baguio City Philippines, baguio dessert, Baguio desserts, Baguio dinner date, baguio dinner dates, baguio eat, baguio eats, Baguio eatsploration, Baguio eatsplorer, Baguio eatsplorers, baguio food, baguio food adventure, baguio food adventures, baguio food blog, Baguio food blogger, Baguio food establishments, baguio food guide, baguio food map, baguio food photo blog, baguio food quest, Baguio food review, Baguio food reviews, baguio food trip, Baguio foodie, Baguio foodie blogger, Baguio foodies, baguio foods, baguio guide, baguio guide what to eat, baguio hang out, Baguio hotel dining, baguio mango slush, Baguio Philippines, Baguio residents, baguio restaurant blog, baguio restaurant blogs, Baguio restaurant connoisseur, Baguio restaurant food, baguio restaurant guide, baguio restaurant map, Baguio restaurant review, Baguio restaurant reviews, Baguio restaurants review, Baguio restaurants reviews, baguio restaurants to eat, baguio steak, baguio steaks, Baguio where to eat, Baguio your home for the holidays, baguio’s climate, bake, best, best kept secret, best restaurants in baguio, Beth, better, big wide windows, binge, blog, blogger, blogs, blogs about baguio food, blueberry cheesecake baguio, breakfast, budget, budget friendly, business, businesses, carrot cupcake, carrot cupcake baguio, Casa Vallejo reopened, ceasar salad, center, center of the city, cheesecake, cheesecake baguio, chest, chests, chicken gratinati, choco lemon tart, choco lemon tart baguio, chocolate chunky cookies, chocolate chunky cookies baguio, city, city center, City of Pines, comfort, comfort and scrumptious eats, comfort and scrumptious eats Baguio, comfort food, compare, comparison, comprehensive baguio food blog, comprehensive details about Baguio food, comprehensive information about Baguio food, connoisseur, cook, cost, costs, counting down to 2013, counting down to 2013 in baguio, counting down to the new year, counting down to the new year at a hotel, cozy dining, cozy dining baguio, cozy place, Cozy place in baguio, cozy place to eat in baguio, cozy restaurant baguio, craving, cravings, crispy duck flakes, customer, customers, Death by chocolate, Death by chocolate baguio, deep dark chocolate cake, deep dark chocolate cake baguio, delectable, delicious, delight, delights, dessert, desserts, desserts baguio, dining around baguio, dining at accommodations, dining out, dining view, dinner, dinner date, discover, discovering, discovery, dish, dishes, eat, eat at the baguio hotel, eat at the hotel, eat baguio food, eat out baguio, eat-in-baguio, eateries, eatery, eating out Baguio, eating out in baguio, eats, eats baguio food, eats baguio foods, eats in Baguio, eats in Baguio City, eats-ploration baguio, eats-plore, eats-plore baguio, eatsploration, eatsplore, eatsplore baguio, eatsplorer, eatsplorers, eatsploring Baguio, essence of hill station, establishment, establishments, explore, explore Baguio city, explorer, explorers, famous restaurants in baguio, fancy, fancy restaurant, fancy restaurant baguio, fancy-ish dining, fancy-isy dining baguio, fantasize, fantastic, fantastic holiday celebration, fantastic holiday celebration in Baguio, find, find good Baguio food, find good food in Baguio, fine dining, fine dining baguio, fine dining restaurant Baguio, fine dining resto Baguio, flavorful, food, food adventure, food adventures, food and drink, food establishment, food establishments, food quest, food trip, food trip in baguio, food trip with Xine, food trips, foodie, foodie trip, foodie trip Baguio, foodies, foods, funds, gastronomic, good, good Baguio food, good eats, good eats Baguio, good food, good foods, great, great time, guide, guide to restaurants in Baguio City, gyoza burger, hangout baguio, hidden, Hill Station, Hill Station at Casa Vallejo, hill station at casa vallejo baguio, Hill Station Baguio, Hill Station Casa Vallejo, Hill Station Casa Vallejo Baguio, Hill Station food, Hill station food Baguio, Hill Station restaurant, hill station store hours, hill station store hours 7am to 11pm, hill station store hours baguio, holiday buffet dinners, holiday buffet dinners baguio, holiday celebration in baguio, holiday party activities, holiday party activities baguio, holidays away from home, home made ice cream, home made ice cream baguio, hotel, Hotel dining, hotel restaurants Baguio, house favorites baguio, hunt, in house restaurant baguio, inhouse restaurant, Karla, lechon kawali with laing sa gata, life, life in excess, linguine with sundried tomatoes and pecorino, list, location, location in baguio map, location of baguio restaurant, lunch, mango slush, mark, marks, mealtime treat, mealtime treat baguio, mediterranean salad, memories, memory, menu, must try baguio food, must try Baguio restaurant, must try food in baguio, must try in baguio, Must try restaurant in baguio, New Year spread, new year’s eve buffet, new year’s eve buffet baguio, new year’s eve buffet Hill station, New Year’s eve celebration, New York cheesecake, New York cheesecake baguio, no.1, no1, nostalgia, open for business, origins, outskirts, P3, P3 food trip, pampering, passion, passion for food, Philippines, photoblog Baguio, photos, pines, place, places, places to eat, popular restaurant baguio, price, prime spot, quest, quests, Race, rating, ratings, refuge for good food, refuge for good food baguio, refuge in a place that serves good food, refuge in the summer season, refuge of good food, refuge of good food baguio, restaurant, restaurants, scrumptious, seafood carbonara, search, searching, secret, service, short rib ragu with fettuccine, simple, snack, snacks, special breakfast baguio, spot, staple, sumptuous holiday spread, sumptuous holiday spread baguio, tapas baguio, tart, tart baguio, taste, tasty, the spot, time, tips, tips dining out Baguio, treasure, treasure chest, treasure chests, treasures, treats, tried, tried all Baguio restaurants, Try, try eating at Baguio restaurants, visitors to Baguio, where to eat, where to eat in Baguio, where to eat in Baguio City, worth it, x, x marks baguio food in baguio map, x marks baguio restaurants in baguio map, X marks the spot, Xine, xmarks, xmarks baguio, xmarks baguio food, xmarks baguio restaurants, you’re home for Christmas, your home for the holidays
18 responses to “Hill Station: Take Refuge in Good Food”
Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- ♣♣ Table of Contents ♣♣ | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 19, 2013
- Baguio Dining A La Carte – Menus and More Menus | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - September 15, 2014
- Pine Country Steaks and Waffles and That Good Ole Baguio Feel | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - February 6, 2015
- Baguio Valentines Specials 2015 | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - February 14, 2015
- Baguio Dining A La Carte – Menus from New Restos You Might Like to Try for Mother’s Day | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - May 5, 2015
- Baguio Dining A La Carte – Keeping Up with the Food Quest 2 | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - September 8, 2015
- Food Trip at Moe’s Outrageous Resto Deli | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - December 6, 2015
- Every Day is ChEAT Day at this Baguio Resto | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - May 29, 2016
- Shoriken Buffet: Hitting the Mark on Our Appetites for Food | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 10, 2016
- Baguio Food Tour Thru Menus part 3 | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - November 24, 2016
- Quoted Cafe, V Hotel Apartel: “Quotes” to Live By, Food to Live On | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - May 7, 2017
- Teatime at Coffee & Pine | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - June 4, 2017
- Vincent’s Place: Transcendence of Cordilleran Food | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 3, 2017
- Good Eats by Delivery Baguio | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 16, 2017
- Where to Eat in Baguio/What to Eat in Baguio – New Menus | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - January 17, 2019
- Into the Future! @Zaxxun Robot Cafe | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - March 7, 2019
- Quarantine Surprises … Seeing Light at the End of A Tunnel | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 28, 2021
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- FGBF Signing Out (“,)
- Feeling Eatcited at Mangiamo Ristorante & Pizzeria
- Genki Sushi: All Aboarrrd!
- Kor-Phil Culinary Academy: A Quarantine ‘Break’
- Quarantine Surprises from The Year that Was
- Quarantine Surprises … Seeing Light at the End of A Tunnel
- Ausphin International Institute Quarantine Surprises
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (106)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (95)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (76)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (83)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (17)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (32)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (17)
- New in Town (161)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (25)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (51)
- Uncategorized (29)
- Updates & Supplements (104)
- ~*Intermission*~ (48)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)
Hi there, lesleycarter! Thank you, thank you! Come and let’s take refuge at the Hill Station! Happy Friday! (“,)