McDonald’s Baguio Session Road: Of Memories and Comebacks
Where do I begin?
Taken over by feelings of nostalgia and excitement, I’m about to burst! All rightie, let me spill the beans.
Infobites for Dining in Baguio
McDonald’s Baguio Session re-opening is nigh. Yes siree, you read that right: R-E-O-P-E-N-I-N-G. Didn’t I tell you, it wasn’t really goodbye when the first ever Baguio branch of this fast food brand closed in June 2014. \m/
Making memories at McDo Session will no longer be limited to us who have “leveled up in years”. *teehee Albeit moving to a new building (just beside the old space), locals and visitors of all ages have another cozy-convenient location to hangout at in Session’s McDo making a comeback … a new site for making more priceless memories with loved ones come September 1, 2016.
Origins – How McDo Session is A Part of My Memories
Oh, how this news takes me back. (Re-cue Love Story theme. Where do I begin … ♫♪ #feelingsenti )
- As a grade 6 kid, McDo Session was the meeting place on Saturdays so my friends and I could head out for Scout Hill CJH together and go picnicking. (We do pop in here for extra grub to add to our picnic spread.) You could say, this year was some sort of coming of age stage for me, since this was the first time I could go out beyond the backyard, beyond the neighborhood with pals without adult supervision. Ah, that distinct memory of waiting there at 7:00 a.m.; the clear sidewalks, the early morning chill, and the sun glaring as it seemed to rise up from upper Session. Always way too early for meet ups, I walked up and down the road a couple of times and just leaned my back on the wall of the fastfood store when I finally have a companion. ^^, (Shout out to Anne Ayat, Rogelio, Michael, Clarissa, Kitkat, Jaye, Achel, Michelle, Bernadette, Karina, Henry, George, Epoy, Amado, Wilmer and the whole 6-5 class!) I must’ve stood in front of this store for a total of a dozen hours meeting different people as I grew up; people that have at various times, become near and dear to my heart.
- First years of high school: While this was mainly a rendezvous spot for schoolmates (Girls’ High and Boys’ High divided by not only a wall in my time but with major distance *hihi), my memories consisted of McMusic nights happening at the McDonalds basement. I went with some of the college students who boarded at our house. We all sat at one of the tables sipping coffee/hot choco (that never failed to burn my tongue. Right-o, I’m still that impatient now) while watching each of them take the stage where they belted out old songs in their ethereal voices. (Shout out to Ate Puda, Ate Brenda, Ate Amie, Kuya Tong, Kuya Sonny and everyone who used to live in that unit.)
- Flash forward to the more recent past, my brother and I every now and then got a pass to leave work early since we got stuff done with an hour/30 minutes to spare. Walking down Session to the jeepney station, we’d come upon McDonald’s before they close for the day. The resto’s mostly the brightest thing in that part of the street and that warm glow of the lights streaming out of the wide windows always acts as a beacon, calling us in for a double cheeseburger meal. (“,) And if we have extra moolah, some sundaes, too. Caramel is my fave. We got all this to go and ate it while watching Austin Stevens‘ Most Dangerous on Animal Planet. I can’t tell you how many times we almost spilled our drinks (which I remember to be the thickest mix of Coke I’ve ever had), getting a jump scare by N.A.T.U.R.E as this herpetologist gives the snake’s tail a little poke just so he could get the best photo of the reptile standing, hood spread, mouth open, mid strike. Shyeew, kigtot my heart!
Of course, you can bet it’s going to be an eventful day on September 1, 2016. Stay tuned to the blog’s FB page for more details about the scrumptious giveaway set for the opening date. Hope you join the fun at McDonald’s Session on Baguio Day; make it the first of many #McDoSession Road moments, my foodie friends.
UPDATE 08/30/2016: Giveaway mechanics posted on the blog’s Facebook page now!
Uber happy and thrilled for the restaurant’s return, wee! Kita-kits sa McDo!
Tags: #1, additional information, additional information baguio dining, additional information baguio food, advanced in years, adventure, affordable, affordable baguio, affordable food baguio, ambiance, Austin Steven's Most Dangerous on Animal Planet, Austin Stevens herpetologist photographer, Baguio, baguio affordable eats, baguio affordable foods, baguio best restaurants, Baguio blog, Baguio cheap food, Baguio City, Baguio City eatscapade, Baguio City eatsploration, Baguio City Philippines, Baguio dine, Baguio dining escapade, baguio eat, baguio eats, Baguio eatscapade, Baguio eatsploration, Baguio eatsplorer, Baguio eatsplorers, baguio food, baguio food adventure, baguio food adventures, baguio food blog, Baguio food blogger, Baguio food escapade, Baguio food establishments, baguio food guide, baguio food map, baguio food photo blog, baguio food quest, Baguio food review, Baguio food reviews, baguio food trip, Baguio foodie, Baguio foodie blogger, Baguio foodies, baguio foods, baguio guide, baguio guide what to eat, baguio hang out, Baguio hangout, Baguio McDo, Baguio McDo opening, Baguio McDo Session, Baguio McDo Session come back, Baguio McDo Session opening giveaway mechanics, Baguio McDo Session re opening, Baguio McDo Session Road giveaway, Baguio McDonald's, Baguio McDonald's basement, Baguio McDonald's cheeseburger meal, Baguio McDonald's fast food restaurant, Baguio McDonald's hot choco, Baguio McDonald's McMusic at the basement, Baguio McDonald's opening, Baguio McDonald's Session, Baguio McDonald's Session branch reopening giveaway mechanics, Baguio McDonald's Session closed in 2014 reopens in 2016, Baguio McDonald's Session moved to a new building, Baguio McDonald's Session reopening, Baguio McDonald's Session reopening giveaway, Baguio McDonald's Session reopens on Baguio Day 2016, Baguio McDonald's Session Road, Baguio McDonald's Session Road branch, Baguio McDonald's Session Road branch re-opening, Baguio McDonald's Session Road meet up place, Baguio McDonalds coffee, Baguio McDonalds grand opening, Baguio McDonalds Session branch, Baguio McDonalds Session comeback, Baguio McDonalds Session meeting place, Baguio McDonalds Session return 2016, Baguio McDonalds Session Road branch events and giveaways, Baguio McDonalds Session Road opening giveaway, Baguio McMusic nights, Baguio Philippines, baguio restaurant blog, baguio restaurant blogs, Baguio restaurant connoisseur, Baguio restaurant food, baguio restaurant guide, baguio restaurant map, Baguio restaurant review, Baguio restaurant reviews, Baguio restaurants review, Baguio restaurants reviews, baguio restaurants to eat, Baguio where to eat, bake, batchmates, beacon, belt out songs, best loved hangout baguio, best restaurants in baguio, Beth, better, binge, bites of information, blog, blogger, blogs, blogs about baguio food, breakfast, bright warm lights streaming out of the wide windows of McDonalds Session Baguio, budget, budget friendly, budget friendly dining baguio, burst, bursting at the seams, business, businesses, call to us, Camp John Hay picnic, center, cheap eats in baguio, cheap food, cheap food baguio, cheap restaurants baguio, chest, chests, childhood memories, childhood memories Baguio, city, City of Pines, classmates, clear sidewalks in Session early morning, college students boarding house, college students with ethereal voices in singing, comfort, comfort food, comfy cozy hang out Baguio, coming of age, coming together, compare, comparison, comprehensive baguio food blog, comprehensive details about Baguio food, comprehensive information about Baguio food, connoisseur, convenient fast food resto Baguio McDonald's Session, cook, cost, costs, could go out without adult supervision, cozy dining, cozy dining baguio, cozy place, cozy place baguio, Cozy place in baguio, cozy place to eat in baguio, cozy restaurant, cozy restaurant baguio, craving, cravings, customer, customers, delectable, delicious, delight, delights, dine Baguio, dining around baguio, dining out, dinner, discover, discovering, discovery, dish, dishes, distant memory, early morning chill, easy on the pocket baguio eating, eat, eat and dine Baguio, eat baguio food, eat out baguio, eat-in-baguio, eateries, eatery, eating out Baguio, eating out in baguio, eats, eats baguio food, eats baguio foods, eats in Baguio, eats in Baguio City, eats-ploration baguio, eats-plore, eats-plore baguio, eatscapade, eatsploration, eatsplore, eatsplore baguio, eatsplorer, eatsplorers, eatsploring Baguio, elementary days, elementary school days, establishment, establishments, explore, explore Baguio city, explorer, explorers, extra info on baguio food, extra information baguio food, famous restaurants in baguio, fancy, fantastic, favorite hang out in baguio, feeling of nostalgia, feeling reminiscent, feeling senti, feeling sentimental, feelings of nostalgia and excitement, find, find good Baguio food, find good food in Baguio, first of many McDo Session Baguio moments, flavorful, food, food adventure, food adventures, food and drink, food escapade, food establishment, food establishments, food quest, food trip, food trip in baguio, food trip with Xine, food trips, foodie, foodie trip, foodie trip Baguio, foodies, foods, forever in our memories, funds, gastronomic, giveaway, glaring sun rising up from upper Session Road, go out beyond backyard beyond neighborhood, good, good Baguio food, good eats, good eats Baguio, good food, good foods, grade school days, great, great time, guide, guide to restaurants in Baguio City, hang out baguio, hangout, hangout baguio, hillside picnic area, hotel, how McDo Session Baguio is a part of my memories, hunt, Immortalize the memory, info baguio eats, info baguio food, info baguio restaurants, info bites, info bites Baguio restaurants, info bites to dish out, information about baguio restaurants, information about dining in baguio, information baguio food, it wasn't really goodbye for Baguio McDonald's Session in 2014, jeepney station, jump scare by nature, Karla, kigtot my heart, kita kits ulit sa McDonald's Session Baguio, kita-kits sa McDo Session Baguio, kitakits sa McDo, leveled up in years, life, list, location, location in baguio map, location of baguio restaurant, Love Story theme Where Do I Begin by Andy Williams, lunch, make more priceless memories at Baguio McDo Session, mark, marks, McDo hashbrowns, McDonald's Baguio Session Road comeback, McDonald's Baguio Session Road comeback 2016, McDonald's Big Mac, McDonald's caramel sundae, McDonald's French fries, McDonald's Happy Meal Big Mac burger puzzle, McDonald's Session Road branch reopening 2016, McDonalds double cheeseburger, memorable, memorable dining, memories, memories and new beginnings, memories at the old Mcdo Session, memories of old Baguio, memory, menu, mustard, mustard dressing, my heart, near and dear to our hearts, new beginnings, nice and comfy hangout, no.1, no1, nostalgia, Nostalgia Baguio, nostalgic, nostalgic air, nostalgic atmosphere baguio, nostalgic music Love Story theme, one more for the memories, one more for the memory books, P3, P3 food trip, pampering, pass to leave work early, passion, passion for food, perfect hang out, perfect place to hang out, perfect place to hang out baguio, Philippines, photoblog Baguio, photos, pickle and mince onions in McDonald's cheeseburger, pickle and mince onions in McDouble McDonalds, pickle and mince onions in McDouble McDonalds cheeseburger, picnic baguio, picnic table, pines, place, places, places to eat, popular fast food restaurant baguio, popular restaurant baguio, price, qualities of the perfect hangout Baguio, quest, quests, Race, rating, ratings, recent past, remini, reminisce, reminisce baguio, reptile standing hood spread mouth open mid strike, restaurant, restaurants, savor reminisce make a new memory, Scout Hill, Scout Hill picnic area, scrumptious, scrumptious giveaway Baguio, scrumptious giveaways Baguio, search, searching, see you again Baguio McDonald's Session, sentimental, service, simple, snack, snacks, something is coming together, spill the beans, spot, staple, supplement, supplement baguio food, take the stage, taken over by feelings, takes me back, taste, tasty, the spot, thickest mix of Coca Cola, thickest mix of Coke soda, time, tips, tips dining out Baguio, treasure, treasure chest, treasure chests, treasures, treats, tried, tried all Baguio restaurants, Try, try eating at Baguio restaurants, uber happy, update, update baguio, update baguio food blog, update baguio restaurant blog, walk down memory lane, Where Do I Begin by Andy Williams, where to eat, where to eat in Baguio, where to eat in Baguio City, x, x marks baguio food in baguio map, x marks baguio restaurants in baguio map, X marks the spot, Xine, xmarks, xmarks baguio, xmarks baguio food, xmarks baguio restaurants, yes siree
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- Maeve Cafe: Simple but Great Joys at Lucia’s B&B
- Menu/Food Crawling the Newest Places to Eat in Baguio (dos)
- Rumah Sate: The Foundations of A Food Community Reborn
- Notable Edibles #20 – Hensel-ann’s D’ Original Buko Pie
- What’s Up Duck Cafe & Resto: On the Up and Up
- Notable Edibles #19 – Aunt Hazel’s Kitchen Lemon Meringue Pie & Menu/Food Crawling the Newest Places to Eat in Baguio
- Baking Workshop with Chef Didier: A Peek Behind Kitchen Doors
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (69)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (80)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (69)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (74)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (16)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (25)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (16)
- New in Town (132)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (20)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (49)
- Uncategorized (24)
- Updates & Supplements (84)
- ~*Intermission*~ (45)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)