UPDATE: Chaya Restaurant
Back to Chaya! V!
If you haven’t eaten here before, my fellow foodies, I’m hoping this update post will turn your cravings for Japanese cuisine on. (“,)
Since my first post about this great Japanese restaurant in Baguio was a pretty lengthy one, I’m going to leave the coverage of our return visit as a photo blog. To start things off, the Chaya menu. =D
Just like clockwork, once you place your orders, you’re going to get a couple saucer-rettes of appetizers.
For drinks, we went green with glasses of green mango shake and green tea shake. They were just the way we remembered them, REEEfreshing.
Of course, I wouldn’t let a Chaya visit pass without getting a plate (or maybe two) of kani salad. *swoon swoon My tastebuds began singing a la Peaches and Herb. ♪ ♫ Reunited and it feels so good … ♪ ♫
For our entrees, we decided to go with something different. It was tofu hot pot for me (okay, mine’s not totally different. *hihi I do like taho-like consistency tofu served with anything other than sweet syrup and tapioca) and pork rib curry for Race. =)
I used every drop of that sauce (in the bottle that looked like it was meant for laboratory use. Apparently,Breaking Bad has been imprinted in my brain with the marathon watching I did. *hee “Cooking utensils”). Without the sauce, my soup tasted like water. That must be how it is, season to taste. But I did enjoy all the veggies in my little pot … especially the tofu. \m/
The salad is described on the menu as sprinkled fruits over greens with fruity dressing. That’s a wide variety of fruits for yah. It’s got slices of grapes, strawberries, and oranges, and blueberries and passion fruit/masaflora. Mmm! As for the curry itself, the meat was delicious and tender. The sauce it was drowning in could go for four more bowls of extra rice. =b
Let me explain that photo with more photos. ^^,
What’s lunch at Chaya without dessert of green tea ice cream?
If you ever want more of this ice cream, they have more for sale at P80; not sure if that’s a cup or a pint more though. (For 1.5L cans, we can always rely on Arce Dairy to keep us satiated.)
With all the food from this joint, it’s still easy peasy (authentic) Japanesey!
Tags: #1, 1.5 liter can of ice cream Baguio, Accommodation dining, accommodation dining baguio, additional information, additional information baguio food, adventure, ambiance, arce dairy ice cream, arce dairy ice cream baguio, authentic, authentic Japanese cuisine Baguio, authentic Japanese food, Baguio, baguio best restaurants, Baguio City, Baguio City eatsploration, Baguio City Philippines, baguio eat, baguio eats, Baguio eatsploration, Baguio eatsplorer, Baguio eatsplorers, baguio food, baguio food adventure, baguio food adventures, baguio food blog, Baguio food blogger, Baguio food establishments, baguio food guide, baguio food map, baguio food photo blog, baguio food photoblog, baguio food quest, Baguio food review, Baguio food reviews, baguio food trip, Baguio foodie, Baguio foodie blogger, Baguio foodies, baguio foods, baguio guide, baguio guide what to eat, Baguio hotel dining, Baguio Japanese cuisine, Baguio Japanese food, Baguio Japanese restaurant, Baguio Philippines, baguio photo blog, baguio restaurant blog, baguio restaurant blogs, Baguio restaurant connoisseur, Baguio restaurant food, baguio restaurant guide, baguio restaurant map, Baguio restaurant review, Baguio restaurant reviews, Baguio restaurants review, Baguio restaurants reviews, baguio restaurants to eat, Baguio where to eat, bake, beside the kitchen, best, best kani salad Baguio, best kept secret, best restaurants in baguio, Beth, better, binge, birds and feathers, blog, blogger, blogs, blogs about baguio food, breakfast, Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad finale, Breaking Bad marathon, business, businesses, center, Chaya, Chaya al fresco dining, Chaya Baguio City, Chaya Baguio green tea ice cream with red bean paste topping, chaya baguio restaurant menu, Chaya bed and breakfast, Chaya facade, Chaya favorite, Chaya lunch, chaya meal stewed pork rib with tomato eggplant, Chaya menu, Chaya menu Baguio, Chaya Restaurant, Chaya restaurant menu Baguio, Chaya yard, chemist in a laboratory, chest, chests, city, City of Pines, clockwork, comfort, comfort food, compare, comparison, comprehensive baguio food blog, comprehensive details about Baguio food, comprehensive information about Baguio food, connoisseur, cook, cooking utensils Breaking Bad, cost, costs, cramped dining area, craving, cravings, crowded dining area, cup ice cream, customer, customers, definition of panghimagas, delectable, delicious, delight, delights, dining al fresco, dining around baguio, dining at accommodations, dining out, dinner, discover, discovering, discovery, dish, dishes, Donzu sauce in bottle, doozy, easy peasy Japanesey, eat, eat at the baguio hotel, eat at the hotel, eat baguio food, eat out baguio, eat-in-baguio, eateries, eatery, eating out Baguio, eating out in baguio, eats, eats baguio food, eats baguio foods, eats in Baguio, eats in Baguio City, eats-ploration baguio, eats-plore, eats-plore baguio, eatsploration, eatsplore, eatsplore baguio, eatsplorer, eatsplorers, eatsploring Baguio, elizabethan collar of feathers, establishment, establishments, explore, explore Baguio city, explorer, explorers, famous restaurants in baguio, fancy, fantastic, find, find good Baguio food, find good food in Baguio, flavorful, food, food adventure, food adventures, food and drink, food establishment, food establishments, food quest, food trip, food trip in baguio, food trip with Xine, food trips, foodie, foodie trip, foodie trip Baguio, foodies, foods, funds, gastronomic, good, good Baguio food, good eats, good eats Baguio, good food, good foods, great, great time, green mango shake Baguio, green tea, green tea ice cream, green tea ice cream dessert, green tea shake, green tea shake Baguio, guide, guide to restaurants in Baguio City, Hot Pot Baguio, hotel, Hotel dining, hunt, Japan, Japanese cuisine, Japanese cuisine Baguio, Japanese dishes, Japanese food, Japanese food Baguio, Japanese ramen Baguio, Japanese Restaurant Baguio, kani, kani salad, kani salad baguio, Karla, koi fish in a pond, konbu seaweed base Donzu sauce, laboratory bottle, legarda, legarda baguio, Legarda Road, Legarda Road Baguio, legarda road restaurants, legarda road resturant baguio, lengthy blog post Baguio, life, list, location, location in baguio map, location of baguio restaurant, lunch, marathon watching, mark, marks, masaflora, memories, memory, menu, no.1, no1, P3, P3 food trip, pampering, panghimagas, passion, passion for food, patio, Philippines, photo backdrop, photo blog, photoblog Baguio, photos, pines, pint ice cream, place, places, places to eat, plate of kani salad Baguio, pork rib curry Baguio, price, quest, quests, Race, ramen, ramen baguio, rating, ratings, refreshing shakes baguio, restaurant, restaurants, return to Chaya, reunited and it feels so good, reunited Peaches & Herb, Reunited song, salad grapes strawberries oranges blueberries passion fruit, saucers of appetizers, scrumptious, search, searching, season to taste, sentence formation, service, simple, singing tastebuds, sip ahh moment, snack, snacks, soup like water, spot, staple, supplement, supplement baguio food, Tagalog word dessert panghimagas, taste, tasty, tender meat, the spot, time, tips, tips dining out Baguio, tofu hot pot baguio, treasure, treasure chest, treasure chests, treasures, treats, tried, tried all Baguio restaurants, Try, try eating at Baguio restaurants, turn your cravings on for Japanese food, update, update baguio, update baguio food blog, update baguio restaurant blog, update post Chaya restaurant Baguio, vegetables and tofu in konbu seaweed base, where to eat, where to eat in Baguio, where to eat in Baguio City, worth it, x, x marks baguio food in baguio map, x marks baguio restaurants in baguio map, X marks the spot, Xine, xmarks, xmarks baguio, xmarks baguio food, xmarks baguio restaurants
19 responses to “UPDATE: Chaya Restaurant”
Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- ♣♣ Table of Contents ♣♣ | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 6, 2013
- A Blooming Love for Mei Hwa Foods Chinese Restaurant and Deli | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 5, 2014
- Coffee-houses in the City of Pines: Yagam and Gossip | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 12, 2014
- Neverending Recess at Escuela Restaurant+Cafe | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 19, 2014
- Elements: A New Constituent to Breakfast in Baguio | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 26, 2014
- Game & Grub Boardgame Cafe: The Game’s Afoot! | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - January 10, 2015
- Turning Japanese at Sakura Terrace (by Yamashita Ramen Group) | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - March 18, 2015
- Bay Leaf Restaurant (Cris ‘d Cuisine): Flourishing Amid the Times | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - August 8, 2016
- Notable Edibles #16 – Matchato | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 4, 2016
- Shoriken Buffet: Hitting the Mark on Our Appetites for Food | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 10, 2016
- La Trinidad Food Adventure: Yasuragi Japanese Restaurant | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - January 9, 2017
- Bato Bato Plate: For the Love of Food Served in Stoneware | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - February 21, 2017
- Vincent’s Place: Transcendence of Cordilleran Food | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 3, 2017
- Good Eats by Delivery Baguio | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 16, 2017
- Rustic Box Steak and Wine House: Baguio’s Newest Steakhouse | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 15, 2017
- Mario’s Sunday Lunch Buffet: Baguio Sundays Made Special | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - November 16, 2019
- Quarantine Surprises … Seeing Light at the End of A Tunnel | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 28, 2021
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- FGBF Signing Out (“,)
- Feeling Eatcited at Mangiamo Ristorante & Pizzeria
- Genki Sushi: All Aboarrrd!
- Kor-Phil Culinary Academy: A Quarantine ‘Break’
- Quarantine Surprises from The Year that Was
- Quarantine Surprises … Seeing Light at the End of A Tunnel
- Ausphin International Institute Quarantine Surprises
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (106)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (95)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (76)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (83)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (17)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (32)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (17)
- New in Town (161)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (25)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (51)
- Uncategorized (29)
- Updates & Supplements (104)
- ~*Intermission*~ (48)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)
That is a pretty bowl of salad. So is the hot pot. 🙂
Hello, Nickie. Pretty with a variety of fruits… but i still like kani salad better. *hihi So delicate and smooth lookin the tofu no? (“,) Have a nice day! Eat on!