Dumpling Fest at Mr. Ching Cuisine
Hana yori dango
“Dumplings are better than flowers.”
There comes a time in everyone’s life when the craving for dumplings is so strong. So strong, in fact that the siomai sold by vendors in pushcarts near schools and also some Baguio neighborhoods is not going to be enough. (Affordable as they are, they’re tiny. There’s much …or rather, little to be said about your choices for dumplings, too. *ngahaha. Oh, not unless, you’re happy with tokneneng like the delicious ones from the store in front of UB. Ohhh, wow, major craving.)
When this craving to eat nothing but dimsum or dumplings hits you, a great place to go in Baguio would be Mr. Ching Cuisine at the Baguio Palace Hotel. This is a Chinese restaurant that you can rely on for dimsum galore (and other delectable dishes, we’ll have to try those sometime).
In our August dumpling fest, Race and I had a seasoned attendant to take care of us. He was quick to take our orders and quick to deliver what we needed. He even anticipated our needs like bringing us glasses of water without us even asking for it. (Manong for the win!) You just have to adore the professionals. =D
Two months after that, on our second visit, a young attendant was assigned to our table. He wasn’t as good as the other guy *sigh. He gave our dimsum orders one at a time (when I was so giddy to take a photo of a tall stack of steamer thingies). But anyway, there was nothing that could dampen our happy mood – the mood set by the shrimp tail, Chinese coated, snowball dumplings, machang and spring rolls.
If you’re hungrier than what four or five varieties of dumplings can satisfy, you can order some Chinese fried rice (oh yeah, more of those rice mixes that can double up as an entrée.) We got the Hong Kong rice which was wonderful. Everything else depends on how well you mix your dip to complete the flavors for the perfect meal.
A successful dumpling festival! It was a nice and filling meal for P470 for the three of us (Beth, Race and me). The next time we crave for dumplings, we’re lugging Karla along. (Eeeeiii, I could just imagine the steamer stack then. Oh my gosh, I want to go now!)
X marks Mr. Ching Cuisine for good food (delightful dumplings) in Baguio.
Food: for the dumplings, the HK rice and also the iced tea.
Service: for the attendant on our first visit, for the attendant on the second visit.
Mr. Ching Cuisine
Baguio Palace Hotel
Baguio City, Philippines
Tags: #1, Accommodation dining, accommodation dining baguio, adore, adventure, affordable, ambiance, anticipated, attentive food server, attentive staff baguio, backstreet, bacon, bacon roll, Baguio, baguio best restaurants, Baguio cheap food, Baguio Chinese, Baguio Chinese cuisine, Baguio Chinese food, Baguio City, Baguio City eatsploration, Baguio City Philippines, Baguio dumplings, baguio eat, baguio eats, Baguio eatsploration, Baguio eatsplorer, Baguio eatsplorers, baguio food, baguio food adventure, baguio food adventures, baguio food blog, Baguio food blogger, Baguio food establishments, baguio food guide, baguio food map, baguio food photo blog, baguio food quest, Baguio food review, Baguio food reviews, baguio food trip, Baguio foodie, Baguio foodie blogger, Baguio foodies, baguio foods, baguio guide, baguio guide what to eat, Baguio hotel dining, Baguio Mister Ching Cuisine, Baguio Mister Ching Cuisine dimsum menu, Baguio Mr. Ching, Baguio Mr. Ching Cuisine at Palace Hotel, Baguio Mr. Ching Cuisine at Palace Hotel menu, Baguio Mr. Ching dumpling menu, Baguio Palace Hotel, Baguio Philippines, baguio restaurant blog, baguio restaurant blogs, Baguio restaurant connoisseur, Baguio restaurant food, baguio restaurant guide, baguio restaurant map, Baguio restaurant review, Baguio restaurant reviews, Baguio restaurants review, Baguio restaurants reviews, baguio restaurants to eat, Baguio where to eat, bake, ball, best, best kept secret, best restaurants in baguio, Beth, better, binge, blog, blogger, blogs, blogs about baguio food, breakfast, budget, budget friendly, business, businesses, butchi, center, chest, chests, Chinese, Chinese coated dumpling, Chinese fried rice, Chinese restaurant, Chinese restaurant Baguio, Ching, choices, city, city center, City of Pines, comfort, comfort food, compare, comparison, comprehensive baguio food blog, comprehensive details about Baguio food, comprehensive information about Baguio food, connoisseur, cook, cost, costs, crave, craving, craving for dumplings, cravings, cuisine, customer, customers, dampen the mood, delectable, delectable dishes, delicious, delight, delightful dumplings, delights, dimsum, dining around baguio, dining at accommodations, dining out, dinner, dip, discover, discovering, discovery, dish, dishes, Dumpling, dumpling fest, dumpling festival, dumplings, dumplings galore, eat, eat at the baguio hotel, eat at the hotel, eat baguio food, eat out baguio, eat-in-baguio, eateries, eatery, eating out Baguio, eating out in baguio, eats, eats baguio food, eats baguio foods, eats in Baguio, eats in Baguio City, eats-ploration baguio, eats-plore, eats-plore baguio, eatsploration, eatsplore, eatsplore baguio, eatsplorer, eatsplorers, eatsploring Baguio, establishment, establishments, explore, explore Baguio city, explorer, explorers, fancy, fantastic, few, filling, find, find good Baguio food, find good food in Baguio, flavorful, flavors, flowers, food, food adventure, food adventures, food and drink, food establishment, food establishments, food quest, food trip, food trip in baguio, food trip with Xine, food trips, foodie, foodie trip, foodie trip Baguio, foodies, foods, funds, galore, gastronomic, good, good Baguio food, good eats, good eats Baguio, good food, good foods, great, great time, guide, guide to restaurants in Baguio City, happy mood, hidden, Hong Kong, Hong Kong rice, hotel, Hotel dining, hunt, Japanese proverb, Japanese siomai, Karla, Legarda Road, Legarda Road Baguio, legarda road baguio restaurant, legarda road food, legarda road food baguio, legarda road restaurant, legarda road restaurants, life, life in excess, list, little, location, location in baguio map, location of baguio restaurant, lunch, machang, mark, marks, meal, memories, memory, menu, mood, Mr. Ching, Mr. Ching Cuisine, neighborhoods, no.1, no1, one at a time, open for business, origins, outskirts, P3, P3 food trip, Palace Hotel, pampering, passion, passion for food, perfect, Philippines, photoblog Baguio, photos, pines, place, places, places to eat, price, professionals, proverb, pushcarts, quest, quests, quick, Race, rating, ratings, restaurant, restaurants, rolls, schools, scrumptious, search, searching, seasoned, secret, service, sharksfin, simple, siomai, snack, snacks, snow, snow ball, snow balls, snowball, spot, spring rolls, stack, staple, steamer, steamer thingies, strong, successful, taste, tasty, the spot, time, tiny, tips, tips dining out Baguio, tokneneng, treasure, treasure chest, treasure chests, treasures, treats, tried, tried all Baguio restaurants, Try, try eating at Baguio restaurants, UB, vendors, where to eat, where to eat in Baguio, where to eat in Baguio City, worth it, x, x marks baguio food in baguio map, x marks baguio restaurants in baguio map, X marks the spot, Xine, xmarks, xmarks baguio, xmarks baguio food, xmarks baguio restaurants, young
15 responses to “Dumpling Fest at Mr. Ching Cuisine”
Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- ♣♣ Table of Contents ♣♣ | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - July 24, 2013
- Kung Fu Feasting at Kung Fu Kitchen | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - January 31, 2014
- A Blooming Love for Mei Hwa Foods Chinese Restaurant and Deli | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 5, 2014
- Elements: A New Constituent to Breakfast in Baguio | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 27, 2014
- Seen, Heard, and Tasted at La Parilla Cafe and Grill | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - May 24, 2015
- Dining A La Carte in Food Trip City, Baguio City 3 | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - April 28, 2016
- The Uh-Mazing Burgers and Smoothies of Baguio Blue Tent | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - August 1, 2016
- Stellar Indian/Pakistani Dishes at Chef Restaurant | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 17, 2016
- The Old Spaghetti House (TOSH) Finds A New Home | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - August 4, 2017
- Starting 2018 with A Bang at Zhong Guo Si Chuan Restaurant | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - January 8, 2018
- Baguio Eatscursions: A Menu Guide -2nd segment | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - October 24, 2018
- And Another Fully Loaded Baguio Eatsploring Update | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - February 12, 2019
- Pho Hanoi: Home of Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine in Baguio | X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods - December 6, 2019
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- FGBF Signing Out (“,)
- Feeling Eatcited at Mangiamo Ristorante & Pizzeria
- Genki Sushi: All Aboarrrd!
- Kor-Phil Culinary Academy: A Quarantine ‘Break’
- Quarantine Surprises from The Year that Was
- Quarantine Surprises … Seeing Light at the End of A Tunnel
- Ausphin International Institute Quarantine Surprises
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (106)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (95)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (76)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (83)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (17)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (32)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (17)
- New in Town (161)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (25)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (51)
- Uncategorized (29)
- Updates & Supplements (104)
- ~*Intermission*~ (48)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)
Hello, lesleycarter! Have a dumpling or two or three. Have a great day, too! (“,)
Thank you for clicking Like!