Good Taste: More than a Name …And More than They Promise
Just ask anyone in Baguio where good food with generous serving proportions for cheap can be had. When you’re speaking to a Baguio born and bred individual, he or she will most likely say Good Taste. (“,)
Let’s run through all the reasons why Good Taste is so (…for lack of a better adjective =D) good:
1.) A vast selection of tasty food.
- My personal favorites are fried chicken, mixed pulutan, egg soup, and fried rice. I’m not much of a buttered chicken person but many will tell you they like that too. (Just ask some of the Korean students who like to hang out at Good Taste – yup, they’re eating that. ^^,)
2.) The food is cheap.
- You get more for your money, what with their serving proportions that are sooooo huge. (Really truly, that’s everything I ordered? Yes!!!) Need to feed a large group? It’s a party in no time with Good Taste food!
- Want to drown yourself in iced tea? They have the biggest glasses of that. *glug glug glug
3.) The service is quick, speedy and efficient.
- Dine in: It’s clockwork service. They get your order. They bring your eating utensils, chilies, calamansi and other seasonings you’ll need for your food. Don’t forget the pitcher of soup to whet your appetite with. They bring you your drinks and your food. You eat to your heart’s delight. And when you’re done, if you go to the counter to pay for your meal, they know which table you came from, no need to point out where you sat.
- Takeout: You do have to wait a little bit especially if there are holidays and occasions. No worries, you’ll be well rewarded for the wait. You get your food in high quality packaging (for the price you pay – sturdy Styrofoam containers for meals that don’t spill, thick plastic bags that you can reuse and reuse \m/).
4.) If they don’t offer much in terms of ambiance with regard to their old branch, it being crowded (which is usually a good sign for good food =b) and maybe it’s a place you’d be squeamish about going to at night (deserted street and sort of dark surroundings), they made up for it with their newest branch. Hosting a conference (with good food)? You can easily do that at the Good Taste Carino Street branch.
5.) Round the clock operations.
- Wake up in the middle of the night and have a craving for siomai? Get dressed (in outdoor wear. Please do. Irks me to the max those walking around like the world is their bedroom *snickers I can see your unmentionable.) and take yourself to Good Taste. You want to eat something heavy? Good Taste huge rice meals are available 24/7.
X marks Good Taste for good food in Baguio. Not only that, but also, they go further by providing first class service, reasonable prices for food and a good ambiance to take your meal.
Good Taste Restaurant
8-9 Lapu-Lapu Street (behind Center Mall)
Carino Street (near Burnham Park)
Baguio City, Philippines
Tags: #1, adventure, affordable, affordable baguio, affordable food baguio, ambiance, attentive food server, attentive staff baguio, backstreet, Baguio, Baguio 24 hour restaurant, baguio best restaurants, Baguio born and bred, Baguio Burnham Park, Baguio Burnham Park restaurant, Baguio Burnham Park restaurants, baguio butter chicken, Baguio buttered chicken, Baguio cheap food, Baguio City, Baguio City eatsploration, baguio city good taste, Baguio City Philippines, Baguio dine in experience, baguio eat, baguio eats, Baguio eatsploration, Baguio eatsplorer, Baguio eatsplorers, baguio fastfood, baguio food, baguio food adventure, baguio food adventures, baguio food blog, Baguio food blogger, Baguio food establishments, baguio food guide, baguio food map, baguio food photo blog, baguio food quest, Baguio food review, Baguio food reviews, baguio food trip, Baguio foodie, Baguio foodie blogger, Baguio foodies, baguio foods, baguio fried chicken, Baguio Good Taste, baguio good taste buttered chicken, baguio guide, baguio guide what to eat, Baguio mixed pulutan, Baguio Philippines, baguio restaurant blog, baguio restaurant blogs, Baguio restaurant connoisseur, Baguio restaurant food, baguio restaurant guide, baguio restaurant map, Baguio restaurant review, Baguio restaurant reviews, Baguio restaurants review, Baguio restaurants reviews, baguio restaurants to eat, baguio service, Baguio serving proportions, Baguio student meal, Baguio takeout food, baguio ulam, Baguio where to eat, bake, best, best kept secret, best restaurants in baguio, Beth, better, biggest glasses of iced tea, binge, blog, blogger, blogs, blogs about baguio food, breakfast, budget, budget friendly, budget friendly baguio, budget friendly dining, budget friendly dining baguio, business, businesses, butter chicken, buttered chicken, center, cheap restaurants baguio, chest, chests, city, city center, City of Pines, Clockwork service, comfort, comfort food, compare, comparison, comprehensive baguio food blog, comprehensive details about Baguio food, comprehensive information about Baguio food, conference, connoisseur, cook, cost, costs, craving, cravings, crowded, customer, customers, delectable, delicious, delight, delights, dining around baguio, dining out, dinner, discover, discovering, discovery, dish, dishes, eat, eat baguio food, eat out baguio, eat-in-baguio, eateries, eatery, eating out Baguio, eating out in baguio, eats, eats baguio food, eats baguio foods, eats in Baguio, eats in Baguio City, eats-ploration baguio, eats-plore, eats-plore baguio, eatsploration, eatsplore, eatsplore baguio, eatsplorer, eatsplorers, establishment, establishments, explore, explorer, explorers, famous restaurants in baguio, fancy, fantastic, find, find good Baguio food, find good food in Baguio, first class service, flavorful, food, food adventure, food adventure Baguio Good Taste, food adventures, food and drink, food establishment, food establishments, food for student budget, food for student budget baguio, food quest, food trip, food trip in baguio, food trip with Xine, food trips, foodie, foodie trip, foodie trip Baguio, foodies, foods, funds, gastronomic, go further than promised, good, good ambiance, good Baguio food, good eats, good eats Baguio, good food, good foods, good reasons, good taste, Good Taste Baguio Carino, Good Taste Baguio Center Mall, good taste conference, Good taste Dr. Carino Street, Good Taste food 24/7, good taste in baguio, Good Taste near Burnham Park, Good Taste Restaurant, Good Taste the best, great, great time, guide, guide to restaurants in Baguio City, heart’s delight, hidden, high quality packaging, hotel, huge portions student meal, huge serving proportions, hunt, Karla, life, life in excess, list, location, location in baguio map, location of baguio restaurant, lunch, mark, marks, memories, memory, menu, middle of the night cravings, more than a name, more than they promise, new and newer branch Good Taste Baguio, new branch, newest branch Good Taste Restaurant Baguio, no.1, no1, open for business, origins, outskirts, P3, P3 food trip, pampering, party in no time with Good Taste food, passion, passion for food, Philippines, photoblog Baguio, photos, pines, pitcher of soup, place, places, places to eat, popular restaurant baguio, price, promise, quest, quests, quick and speedy service, Race, rating, ratings, reasonable prices, restaurant, restaurants, reuse, scrumptious, search, searching, secret, service, sign for good food, simple, snack, snacks, spot, staple, student meal, sturdy Styrofoam containers, taste, tasty, tasty food, the best baguio meal, the spot, thick plastic bags, time, tips, tips dining out Baguio, treasure, treasure chest, treasure chests, treasures, treats, tried, tried all Baguio restaurants, Try, try eating at Baguio restaurants, ulam, value for your money in Baguio, vast selection, where to eat, where to eat in Baguio, where to eat in Baguio City, x, x marks baguio food in baguio map, x marks baguio restaurants in baguio map, X marks the spot, Xine, xmarks, xmarks baguio, xmarks baguio food, xmarks baguio restaurants
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (76)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (83)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (70)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (76)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (16)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (25)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (16)
- New in Town (134)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (20)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (49)
- Uncategorized (25)
- Updates & Supplements (88)
- ~*Intermission*~ (46)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)