How the Cookie Crumbles…
While some restaurants make the cut and have lived to serve Baguio residents and visitors, there are others that don’t. This is a list of the eating places in Baguio that have closed, are as good as closed and places that I’ve seen on lists of places to eat in the city but have a questionable existence.
- Jade Restaurant
- Pizza Riccio – replaced with another eatery (will come in for a closer look soon *hihi)
- Bam Benny – maybe they relocated somewhere, I would still have to find that out. They used to serve deep dish pizza here. Aw, and I didn’t even get to relish in their offer for Eat All You can Pizza and Pasta =( Bam Benny, come back!!! UPDATE 01/06/2013: It has been confirmed, Bam Benny is back! UPDATE 01/2014: They’re gone again. *sniff
- Kenny Roger’s Roasters
- Muang Thai Restaurant – this resto was maybe too early for its time. These days, there are a number of Thai restaurants and places that offer Thai cuisine and they’re thriving.
- The Flying Gecko – wah, I miss their tomato-ey spaghetti (Secondo: The spaghetti comes wiz-out meatballs. Customer: There are no meatballs with the spaghetti? Secondo: No, sometimes spaghetti likes to be alone.) *snickers =)) – replaced with Point and Grill
- Holz Hauz
- Honey in the Rock – Chinabank now
- Paliz’Zata – we still miss you. =( – replaced by Hebrews Bookstore and Cafe
- Gobi (eat all you can Mongolian) – we miss you, too.
- Tomay Farms (think Eve’s Garden style)
As good as closed:
- Concorde Hotel Restaurants – way past its glory days? Will they be able to get out of the shadows of the past? Only time will tell.
- Denise Café
- Kingswood Court
- Hanasusi Japanese Bar Shabushabu
- Kape Diperensya – I never ever saw this place open. And I so wanted to try their soya coffee. *sniff sniff
I found these restaurants from a list online about where to eat in Baguio but I haven’t really seen them. Hhhhmmm, do they really exist?
- Atenara House Restaurant – yooo-hoo, where are you, Atenara?
- Outback Steakhouse– this is not in Baguio City. (Cue the real Joe Black’s look when Death finally gave him his body – and his life back. Universal’s Meet Joe Black 1998)
Theme song for these restaurants: Yes! We Have No Bananas. (You should see Audrey Hepburn singing this song in the movie Sabrina, oh so cute. (“,))
excerpt of the lyrics:
“Yes! We have no bananas.
We have no bananas today!
We’ve string beans and onions, cabbages and scallions
And all kinds of fruit and say
We have an old fashioned tomato
A Long Island potato…”
…and apparently, no string beans or onions, cabbages or scallions, or pizza or soya coffee or pad Thai or watercress salad…
Tags: #1, A&W, adventure, affordable, ambiance, atenara house, backstreet, Baguio, baguio best restaurants, Baguio City, Baguio City eatsploration, Baguio City Philippines, baguio eat, baguio eats, Baguio eatsploration, Baguio eatsplorer, Baguio eatsplorers, baguio food, baguio food adventure, baguio food adventures, baguio food blog, Baguio food blogger, Baguio food establishments, baguio food guide, baguio food photo blog, baguio food quest, Baguio food review, Baguio food reviews, baguio food trip, Baguio foodie, Baguio foodie blogger, Baguio foodies, baguio foods, baguio guide, baguio guide what to eat, Baguio Philippines, baguio restaurant blog, baguio restaurant blogs, Baguio restaurant connoisseur, Baguio restaurant food, baguio restaurant guide, Baguio restaurant review, Baguio restaurant reviews, Baguio restaurants review, Baguio restaurants reviews, baguio restaurants to eat, Baguio spaghetti, Baguio where to eat, bake, Bam Benny, bananas, beans, best, best kept secret, best restaurants in baguio, Beth, better, Big Night, binge, blog, blogger, blogs, blogs about baguio food, breakfast, budget, budget friendly, business, businesses, center, chest, chests, city, city center, City of Pines, closed, comfort, comfort food, compare, comparison, comprehensive baguio food blog, comprehensive details about Baguio food, comprehensive information about Baguio food, concorde, confused, connoisseur, cook, Cookie, cost, costs, craving, cravings, crumble, crumbles, cuisine, customer, customers, delectable, delicious, delight, delights, dining around baguio, dining out, dinner, discover, discovering, discovery, dish, dishes, early, eat, eat all you can, eat all you can baguio, eat all you can mongolian, eat all you can mongolian baguio, eat all you can pizza and pasta, eat baguio food, eat out baguio, eat-in-baguio, eateries, eatery, eating out Baguio, eating out in baguio, eats, eats baguio food, eats baguio foods, eats in Baguio, eats in Baguio City, eats-ploration baguio, eats-plore, eats-plore baguio, eatsploration, eatsplore, eatsplore baguio, eatsplorer, eatsplorers, eatsploring Baguio, establishment, establishments, existence, explore, explore Baguio city, explorer, explorers, fancy, fantastic, find, find good Baguio food, find good food in Baguio, flavorful, flying gecko, food, food adventure, food adventures, food and drink, food establishment, food establishments, food quest, food trip, food trip in baguio, food trip with Xine, food trips, foodie, foodie trip, foodie trip Baguio, foodies, foods, funds, gastronomic, Gecko, gobi, gobi baguio, good, good as closed, good Baguio food, good eats, good eats Baguio, good food, good foods, great, great time, guide, guide to restaurants in Baguio City, hidden, hole in the wall, Holz Hauz, Honey in the Rock, Honey on the Rock, hotel, hunt, Jade, Joe Black, kape diperensya, Karla, Kenny Roger’s, Kenny Roger’s Roasters, life, life in excess, list, location, lunch, lyrics, make the cut, mark, marks, Meet Joe Black, memories, memory, menu, Muang Thai, no bananas song Sabrina, no bananas today, no.1, no1, onions, open for business, origins, outback, outback steakhouse, outskirts, P3, P3 food trip, pad Thai, palizzata, pampering, passion, passion for food, Philippines, photoblog Baguio, photos, pines, pizza, Pizza Riccio, place, places, places to eat, price, quest, questionable, questionable existence, quests, Race, rating, ratings, restaurant, restaurants, Sabrina, sabrina audrey hepburn humphrey bogart, Sabrina movie, Sabrina movie we have no bananas, salad, scrumptious, search, searching, Secondo, secret, serve, service, simple, snack, snacks, spaghetti likes to be alone, spot, staple, steakhouse, string beans, taste, tasty, thai cuisine, the spot, thriving, time, tips, tips dining out Baguio, tomato-ey spaghetti, Tomay Farms, Tomay Farms Baguio, treasure, treasure chest, treasure chests, treasures, treats, tried, tried all Baguio restaurants, Try, try eating at Baguio restaurants, watercress, watercress salad, Wendy’s, where to eat, where to eat in Baguio, where to eat in Baguio City, x, X marks the spot, Xine, xmarks, xmarks baguio, xmarks baguio food, xmarks baguio restaurants, yes we have no bananas, yes we have no bananas song
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- Plakafe (at Le Fern Hotel I): Weekends, Coffee, and Records
- Food 411@2600 v.2
- Korean Manor Buffet (Samgyeopsal & Shabu-shabu) Moves to Mines View Park
- Eatscapade La Trinidad: Exousia Chari Diner
- Food 411@2600
- Rustic Box Steak and Wine House: Baguio’s Newest Steakhouse
- Session Eating Session: Peak Garden Bistro and Veneer Resto Cafe
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (63)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (77)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (68)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (74)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (16)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (25)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (16)
- New in Town (127)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (18)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (48)
- Uncategorized (24)
- Updates & Supplements (81)
- ~*Intermission*~ (45)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)