Just dropping by with a short post, eatsplorers, to announce who the winners of the Birthday Cake giveaway (cheesecake from Cakes by Yda and black forest cake from The Ganache) are. (Somebody’s eager to kick up her heels and mark two years of eatscapades and food quests in the City of Pines. *heeharhar)
Big, big thank yous go out to everybody who participated in the giveaway! I really enjoyed the stories you guys shared about your most memorable dining experience in the City of Baguio. ^^, Do join in again for other promos on the blog. (There will definitely be more of that … it’s the best way I can think of for showing my appreciation to you, dear readers. =D)
Here’s to another year of (nomnomnom-ing, etc.) adventures, not just for me, P3, X+1 and my foodie loved ones, but for all of us! (“,)
I’ll be back with a new eat-centric post in October, my foodie friends. (Sometime after the 6th. =b) As Steve, the monkey from Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs went: “CELEBRATE!”, that’s just what I’m going to do now. \m/
Chic-Boy’s Chicharon Bulaklak
It’s almost 3:30 p.m. and it’s a good time for a snack. One of the possible choices is chicharon bulaklak/flower cracklings (Ohh, has a nice ring to it, no? Let me say that aloud to myself again, flower cracklings. Whoo-hoo. =b) and where do they have a scrumptious plate of these? One of the places I could recommend is Chic-Boy.
They’ve got branches in Bokawkan Road, Bonifacio Street corner Dagohoy Street and Session Road … so you can see it’s pretty easy for you to come by chicharon when you start craving for it. Chic-Boy’s is sold for P130 a plate. They also serve this with a zingy bowl of vinegar. [It’s their own special mix, I believe and what a mix it is. They sometimes give this out sparingly, (it’s different from the one in the bottles on the table) but you can always ask for a little more.] What I especially like about these meat blossoms is that, they keep the shape of these intact (mostly *hihi).
Okay, appreciation time over, let’s start dipping and munching. (“,)
I have mentioned before that Christmas is the Philippines’ biggest holiday. Long before December (in October, specifically *hihi), the holiday spirit is already in the air (especially in the City of Pines when the temperature starts to drop). Now, with just 10 days to Christmas, it’s gotten freakishly hectic.
We still haven’t covered Read More…
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- Quarantine Surprises (“,)
- EATsploring in A Time of COVID…through FoodPanda
- Meat Plus Cafe: Great Cuts of Meat, Plus Ultra
- Still on Season’s Eatings Mode in February 2020
- Season’s Eatings Continue to 2020: Menus for Your Reference
- Seasons Eatings 2019: Menus for Your Reference
- With Master Tea; 1,2, Tea; and Nham Cha; Let’s Have A Tea Off!
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (98)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (94)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (75)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (80)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (17)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (32)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (17)
- New in Town (153)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (25)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (51)
- Uncategorized (28)
- Updates & Supplements (104)
- ~*Intermission*~ (46)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)