Bakakeng today (yes, I’m fixated on the location at the moment *hihi) is a far cry from the Bakakeng of my memories. It was one that had an outskirts type of feel to it that was changed with the arrival of a school and its students. Now, it seems like everything you’ll ever need here is attainable with the barangay residents transforming their garages, front lawns or backyards into businesses.
(This so reminds me of how my best friend, Myrtle used to say how she loved the prospect of relocating to where I lived. On the ‘university belt’, it seemed like barangays with its eateries, convenience stores, laundry shops, PC rooms, etc., could be a city on its own, she said. Big hugs, Myrtle and the kiddies! (“,))
When you need to eat and you need food fast, delicious and easy on the (student) budget (in the Bakakeng vicinity), you have a handful of choices now. Featuring two of Cholo’s recommendations (Thankies, Cholo!): Cafe de Illustradoz and Food Ville. Read More…
Who’s ready to read about Cakes by Yda? (“,)
I hope you are, my dear readers, since I’ve more than alluded to this new-ish food depot with a double mention: at the Find Good Baguio Food‘s FB Page and in one blog post about new additions to our Baguio restaurant list.
The first time I heard about these baked treats was at our first dining experience at Cafe de Angelo. Whilst taking photos of the place, New York cheesecake was sitting come hither like in the display case. Cakes by Yda the tag said and as soon as Race and I got home, I ran a search for the establishment.
After a lot of enviable check-ins from my new Baguio food quest companion (introductions below), we (X+1 Race) finally got to try something of Yda’s.
Hanging out at Read More…
Waking up today, I had a different Baguio restaurant (restaurant-S actually) in mind to be the (tandem) subject of this day’s blog post. Much like with everything else in the world, we have to expect the unexpected and adjust accordingly. Here I am derailed (a sweet derailment, I assure you ^^,) by the Cuttie Cuppies Shoppe.
They’ve sent me a few goodies to get my chompers on, you see and boy, is it my pleasure to get a-munchin’! (You know how much of a PX goods sucker I am.)
Now, the dilemma I’m having is which pack/box/can to open first?
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- Still on Season’s Eatings Mode in February 2020
- Season’s Eatings Continue to 2020: Menus for Your Reference
- Seasons Eatings 2019: Menus for Your Reference
- With Master Tea; 1,2, Tea; and Nham Cha; Let’s Have A Tea Off!
- Pho Hanoi: Home of Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine in Baguio
- Baguio Good Eats Online
- Celebrating National Sardines Day with Mega Brand Sardines
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (95)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (94)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (75)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (80)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (17)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (32)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (17)
- New in Town (150)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (25)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (51)
- Uncategorized (28)
- Updates & Supplements (104)
- ~*Intermission*~ (46)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)