I thought this day would never come! The day that we dine at Chef Vicky’s beautiful home finally arrived! Having made a reservation months ago (after seeing the Heart 2 Heart blog in one of my Baguio food researches/recons. Thanks so much for sharing, Ms. Rica), I was excited to the point that I couldn’t sleep well when finally December came around the corner. (If I had it my way, my loved ones and I would’ve gone the instant I found out about Mama’s Table. =b) It was like the hours of December 16 couldn’t go quickly enough so that it would be 5:00 p.m. and we would be at this home/resto/establishment.
With time being true, in that we couldn’t turn it back or stop it, we found ourselves at Read More…
The date: September 29, 2010. The place: A deserted winding road. There I was, standing in the middle of it, barefoot, sweaty and out of breath. How did I get here? What just happened? Before we get into that, maybe we should go back to a week before.
You hear it all the time that there are only a handful of places that you can get good food in the City of Baguio. Before I started on my quest, I had the same state of mind. The saying, ‘seek and you shall find’ applies to this situation. If you only go to the places that are found in town, you’ll be missing out on a lot of things. Let’s establish from here on out that there are many places to get good food in Baguio. As we speak, there might be a new eatery or restaurant opening in the city. Beyond the restaurants that you find on Session Road, there are gems to be found that have made it their mission to cater to our needs and our cravings in other parts of Baguio. Let’s follow what the Good Book says and seek, so we can find.
When I Read More…
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- Wee! More Quarantine Surprises (“,)
- Quarantine Surprises (“,)
- EATsploring in A Time of COVID…through FoodPanda
- Meat Plus Cafe: Great Cuts of Meat, Plus Ultra
- Still on Season’s Eatings Mode in February 2020
- Season’s Eatings Continue to 2020: Menus for Your Reference
- Seasons Eatings 2019: Menus for Your Reference
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (99)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (94)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (75)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (80)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (17)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (32)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (17)
- New in Town (154)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (25)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (51)
- Uncategorized (28)
- Updates & Supplements (104)
- ~*Intermission*~ (46)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)