Come to think of it, I didn’t really go on any kind of summer get away this year. (Not that that matters. There’s always rainy season, dry&cold season … and the beauty of that, we’ll get the resorts all to ourselves. *snickers) To make up for it, Race and I decided to have foodstuff that has a summer quality to it.
It’s amazing how Read More…
As a kid, one of the meals that was regularly served in our home for lunch/dinner (most of the time it was lunch AND dinner =b) was dinengdeng, pinakbet and viands that had something to do with bagoong. Since these dishes were chock-full of veggies, I didn’t really like them then. Eew, saluyot! (I suppose I went through that normal phase of childhood where vegetables were the enemy at meal time. I always felt like I could eat hotdogs, chicken, spaghetti, chocolates, ice cream and cake every meal of every day of my life. That’s six meals covered … and repeat. *snicker snicker)
There really wasn’t any choice when the mealtime bell rang and the plate laid out in front of me had a mountainous pile of rice and viand. As a coping mechanism, my brother and I would ‘play’ with our food imagining it to be other things just so we could finish it. (No one leaves the table without a clean plate in our house. That’s a strict rule. Just ask my brother who sat there … sleepily… for hours until he finished. Before he knew it, it’s dinner time! Say it like Yzma from Emperor’s New Groove =D)
Who would have known Read More…
Want good goat based dishes? To the kambingan! (eatery that serves goat dishes and other food) In Baguio, one of the best places to get goaty good food is Tabligan’s. They like to call themselves Kambingan sa Scout Barrio now. Regardless of their name, they’re a reliable eatery to get Filipino dishes like goat adobo, kalderetang kambing, kilawin, and their signature dish sinampalukang kambing.
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- EATsploring in A Time of COVID…through FoodPanda
- Meat Plus Cafe: Great Cuts of Meat, Plus Ultra
- Still on Season’s Eatings Mode in February 2020
- Season’s Eatings Continue to 2020: Menus for Your Reference
- Seasons Eatings 2019: Menus for Your Reference
- With Master Tea; 1,2, Tea; and Nham Cha; Let’s Have A Tea Off!
- Pho Hanoi: Home of Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine in Baguio
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (97)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (94)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (75)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (80)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (17)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (32)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (17)
- New in Town (152)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (25)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (51)
- Uncategorized (28)
- Updates & Supplements (104)
- ~*Intermission*~ (46)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)