Now for the lunch installment of our food adventure at lights out. (“,)
(Click here for the breakfast installment.)
After a short (and brisk) walk on our errand route, we were ready to have lunch. Not that ready really (my carb on carb breakfast was still sitting heavy in my tummy) but we already found ourselves at Otek Street, standing in front of Fortune Seafood Restaurant. (I was still in a seafood mood from being seduced by Chef K in the seduction episode of The Taste. *hihi) (SPOILER ALERT!!! Congratulations for winning the competition, Chef! \m/) My brother and I debated if we were going to push through with lunch here. Argument one, it looked pretty expensive, and I definitely didn’t want a repeat of the Goldilocks brazo de mercedes incident …although I was pretty sure they accepted cards here =D. Argument two, it might be more fun if the whole family or just a bigger group of our foodie loved ones came to dine with us. The debate didn’t take long with my desire to check a new place off the list winning over the two arguments. Through the restaurant doors we went to see what F/fortune held for us.
Passing by South Drive (a lot *hihi), I found myself wondering what the ambiance was like at Iggy’s Inn. I had the perfect excuse for going in, the Bonuan Seafood Restaurant. (Brings back memories, hearing this restaurant advertised on the radio when I was young. ^^,)
One rainy night, Race and I found ourselves in the middle of a rain shower on South Drive. No place else to go for shelter and food but Iggy’s.
And so, Read More…
Dinelli’s Gourmet has long been a fixture at the Camp John Hay Filling Station (beside Strawberries and Ice Cream). I never really got around to visiting the place since I had so many other establishments on my list before it. When the Le Monet Hotel was being built, I saw through their big wide windows that they had a beautiful chandelier and big comfy looking peach colored chairs in their restaurant. I just had to bump it up my list just to experience it. So I scoured the net for their information when I heard that they were open for business. I found their details on Facebook and I made a reservation. Just a few minutes later, I got the confirmation and so breakfast buffet at Dinelli’s was on.
The day arrived. Read More…
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- Still on Season’s Eatings Mode in February 2020
- Season’s Eatings Continue to 2020: Menus for Your Reference
- Seasons Eatings 2019: Menus for Your Reference
- With Master Tea; 1,2, Tea; and Nham Cha; Let’s Have A Tea Off!
- Pho Hanoi: Home of Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine in Baguio
- Baguio Good Eats Online
- Celebrating National Sardines Day with Mega Brand Sardines
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (95)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (94)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (75)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (80)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (17)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (32)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (17)
- New in Town (150)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (25)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (51)
- Uncategorized (28)
- Updates & Supplements (104)
- ~*Intermission*~ (46)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)