And now for part two of the diner dash competition! On your mark, get set, go!
The Second Contender: Jim’s Retro Diner
In comparison to 50’s Diner, the longest running diner in Baguio City, Jim’s Retro Diner is fairly new. It sort of looks like a ‘mini me’ compared to the veteran restaurant for its smaller floor space, smaller diner booths and smaller retro era memorabilia. A one up that the Retro Diner has on the other diners in this competition is that, they’re right in the center of town, Session Road. Walking by La Azotea building, be sure to look below Sports House, so you won’t miss it.
Diner dash for the three most established diners in Baguio City is on! This ‘competition’ is powered by X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods with judge, Xine. And the contenders: Glenn’s 50’s Diner, Jim’s Retro Diner and Future Diner. Going beyond speedy service, this competition is going to rate the food, the price of the food, the quality of service, and the ambiance that each of these restaurants have. Let the gaaaaames begiiiiiin! Read More…
Search for Good Baguio Food
X Marks the Spot for Good Baguio Foods is a personal blog. Everything posted in this blog is PERSONAL OPINION DERIVED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and since TASTE can be pretty SUBJECTIVE, should NOT be taken as THE NORM or the LAW OF DINING around in the City of Pines.
Its (prosaic =b) contents are meant to help with the question “san tayo?”/where do we go? in relation to eating out in Baguio, to ENCOURAGE EXPLORING (eatsploring) and TRYING NEW THINGS offered in the City of Pines.
By all means, eat where you want to eat and eat what you want to eat. May you have a great experience with all the places you visit and may all the restaurants you go to deserve a ton of treasure chests! (“,)
(Also, if you have any second thoughts about a certain place you arrive at, please DON'T LET THIS BLOG BE THE REASON YOU ARE FORCED into ending up anywhere. If the restaurant doesn’t have what you want, please FEEL FREE TO WALK AWAY.)
Who Picks Up the Tab? ^^,
Relive Recent Eatscapades =)
- Feeling Eatcited at Mangiamo Ristorante & Pizzeria
- Genki Sushi: All Aboarrrd!
- Kor-Phil Culinary Academy: A Quarantine ‘Break’
- Quarantine Surprises from The Year that Was
- Quarantine Surprises … Seeing Light at the End of A Tunnel
- Ausphin International Institute Quarantine Surprises
- Intermission: New WordPress Editor Format
Food Trip Archives
Where to Eat in Baguio
- ***TabLe of bLoG ConTenTs*** (1)
- **iNFoBiTes for Dining in Baguio (106)
- *Comfort in the Familiar a.k.a Xine's Favorites (",) (95)
- Accommodation Dining (Eating at Baguio Hotels, Inns, etc.) – Is It Worth It? (76)
- Baguio Breakfast Buffet Bonanza (9)
- Baguio Diner Dash Competition (5)
- Baguio Food Photo/Blog (83)
- Contrasts & Comparisons (17)
- Fine & Fancy … Dress to the Nines Dining (or not, if you don't want to =b) (32)
- Food for Thought a.k.a Think Before You Eat (5)
- Healthy Eats, Shoots and Leaves …and then some (17)
- New in Town (161)
- NotabLe eDibLes Ű (25)
- Origins (21)
- Staple Foods Baguio (51)
- Uncategorized (28)
- Updates & Supplements (104)
- ~*Intermission*~ (48)
- ~ScrumpTiouS GiveAwaYs!~ (13)